Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Tip of the Day    How to make a screen shot on the iPad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to make a screen shot on the iPad
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
AIM: Online Status For hocachynikxxxxx
posted
Here's something thats new to me on how to make a screen shot using your iPad. Go to the screen you'd like to copy. When at this screen, click and hold the Home button. While holding it, press and release the On/Off/Sleep button at the top of the iPad. When you press this combination, you'll see a white flash and hear a camera click. The screen shot will then be placed in your photos of iPhoto. You can then sync this using iTunes and transfer it to your computer if you like. Neat, huh? Well, it was to me.

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
You could also email that picture of the screenshot to yourself, BUT without OCR ability you would still have to type in the text in order to translate it, which is what this poster wants to do. Translate from French to English. It is still a picture, not text. And, if the length of the text selection is longer than the screen that you see, you would have to do multiple screen shots.

Posts: 2262 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
AIM: Online Status For hocachynikxxxxx
posted Hide Post
Donna- I put this tip here as just how to do a screen shot. When you mention OCR and translating French to English, you're referring to another posting of mine in a different topic here on the ibbs (on how to copy text on an iPad). But thanks for reading all my postings !

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Steven Klein
AIM: Online Status For steven@yourmacexpert.com
posted Hide Post
FYI: That same trick works on iPhone and iPod touch.

--
Steven Klein Computer Service
Apple & A+ Certified
Your Mac, PC & Network Expert
Phone: (248) YOUR-MAC
or (248) 968-7622

Posts: 167 | Location: Southeast Michigan | Registered: April 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post