Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Tip of the Day    Translations web site
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Translations web site
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
Just a FYI: I've used this site numerous times for terms, short phrases (and if you're lucky, an occasional long one). It can handle just about any language, and claims to spot the language if you're not sure. (Just used it to translate a Catalan title to English for a piece of music am working on.)

http://mymemory.translated.net/

If you're curious, I wanted the English for "La Nit de Nadal", a Catalan folk song. Translation was immediate: "On Christmas Eve". I've used it other times for Portuguese, Dutch, Italian, maybe some other languages I've lost track of.

Very simple: Home page has fields for the given phrase or word, select its language if you know it, select (translate to) English, or other language. (Once I had to request "Portuguese to Dutch" to get a relevant result.)

PS: Look at the drop-down menu for the impressive list of languages.

And wishing ALL, a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post