Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Tip of the Day    Amazon Blue Ray & DVD purchases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Blue Ray & DVD purchases
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
Cheaper Blu-ray Box Sets

One area where we've been seeing noticeable savings is Blu-ray box sets. Movie and TV box sets here in the US are some of the most expensive gifts, with one season of a show sometimes running from $60 to $80, depending on the show and where you shop.

The difference in pricing on Amazon.com versus Amazon.ca is pretty significant in some cases. At times, the average savings between the two sites is about 20%, but in individual cases the pricing from Amazon's Canadian site can sometimes be closer to what we see here in the US around Black Friday. Many of the cheaper deals we found were still cheaper with shipping costs added.

Of note: Both the US and Canada are in the same DVD region, and many Blu-rays are region-free anyway, so any Blu-ray purchases should work on your player. Still, it never hurts to check compatibility when buying discs from an international seller.

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Have gotten some great deals on region free Blu-rays from Amazon.co.uk as well. Paid about $40 for the complete Harry Potter box set.

Plus I recently found out that some 3D movies that weren't released in 3D in the US are available from the UK in 3D, such as Big Hero 6 & Maleficent. Had I known, I would have ordered from there.

Posts: 2093 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post