Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Tip of the Day    Basic "how to's" for "seniors" (or anyone else)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basic "how to's" for "seniors" (or anyone else)
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
Are you "tech support" for someone who needs mainly basic "how to's?"
This site recommended in AARP publication. A Google project. Short videos. The home page has a "send an email" format, but click "View All Videos" and they can be viewed online without going through email.

http://www.teachparentstech.org/

P.S. Some may be more relevant to PC procedures, but there are some specifically Mac items.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Looks like an excellent series of videos, but I couldn't get any of them to play.

Posts: 269 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
They do play OK for me on desktop and iPad.
I have a couple of non-senior friends who need some of these, badly!

Posts: 1090 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Gordon - Not sure what to tell you. Did you click "View All Videos" to get to the page of choices? Double-click one to watch.

I had a problem getting the audio at first, though the video was playing. Found a "mute" "unmute" by hovering over the "speaker" icon, lower left.

Another idea: They seem to load pretty fast, but depending on the speed of your connection, they may take a bit of time.

Also, there are two "play" arrows: one on the video image, and one in the lower left. Try them again.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post