Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Tip of the Day    Subscribe to the Dealmac RSS Feed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subscribe to the Dealmac RSS Feed
 Login/Register

Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted
I've known about dealmac.com for years and when I think about buying something and I'm looking for the lowest price, I go to dealmac.com and search for the item to see who has it for best price. However, there are things that come up on the site that I may not be looking for or an item that I would like to have that's on sale!

So recently I subscribed to their RSS feed in Apple Mail so that I get their deals right in my inbox. Each morning I get a dozen or so deals that I quickly scan and delete them if I'm not interested. However, I've gotten TWO items already that I would have missed had I not subscribed to the feed.

To subscribe to their feed in Mail (OS 10.5.x or 10.6.x)

1) Go to dealmac.com
2) Click on the RSS button in the address bar of Safari
3) Safari will switch over to the RSS feed page in the browser.
4) now click the PLUS + sign that is right in front of the URL to add it as a bookmark.
Since it's an RSS feed, Safari will offer it to bookmark it to Safari or Mail.
5) Choose Mail to bookmark it to.

From now on you will get their feed of deals directly in your inbox in Mail. Each deal will appear like an email. You can read it then delete it or click to the link check out the details of the deal.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

dealmac

Posts: 6151 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry. A lot of sweet deals on a lot of different gadgets. I was so impressed that I added the RSS feed to Mail.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post