Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Tip of the Day    Mail tip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mail tip
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
Seems like there's always more to find out (How do they think of all these things?)

Mail messages can be saved as Textedit files, complete with links, by pressing Cmd-Shift-S.
THE TIP: If the message has an attachment, it is saved in the body of the Textedit file.
AND, if it is, for example, a multi-page pdf, it is included with a scroll bar to look through the pages.

WHAT IF: you wish to save the pdf file separately (for example, to fill out a form, etc.)? No need to go back to Mail & download.

JUST DRAG the image of the file from the Textedit document to the desktop, and it's saved as a separate file.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great tip. I've already used it and will use it frequently.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
It's called "share the wealth," Jamie.
Sometimes I find a new capability - new to me, anyway - and am reluctant to post it, thinking "everyone else already knows this."

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post