Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Tip of the Day    iTunes 9 Gotcha
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes 9 Gotcha
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted
After installing iTunes 9, iTunes rebuilds your iTunes library. That is not a problem. The gotcha comes when you try to sync an iPod, etc.

Mad iTunes 9 FORGETS YOUR iPod SYNC SETTINGS and changes them to something else! This can result in erasure of items from the iPod. Recovery requires re-copying items to the iPod and this may take some time for a large capacity device.

Workaround: After connecting your [iPod|iTouch|iPhone], cancel the sync as soon as you can. Review the settings and correct the changes. Then Apply to sync the device.

YES, I did send feedback to Apple, but the feedback form does not know about iTunes 9, so I lied and said I was running iTunes 8.1 and put that in the comments field as well.

Posts: 1961 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I've only connected my touch, but I didn't have a problem. Did the touch/iPhone update too, and everything is the way it should be. I have it set to manual control, with only the apps syncing. Calendars, addresses, etc. are set to sync through my MobileMe account.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3762 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Video iPod - synced directly by iTunes.
The movies, etc., sync changed from "all" to "all unplayed". This removed many items.

Posts: 1961 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post