Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    Package for output in Illustrator CS6?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Package for output in Illustrator CS6?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
I have Illustrator CS6 Design and Web Premium-not the creative cloud subscription.

I had to create something in Illustrator with a couple of linked images (normally I would do this in InDesign, but didn't this time). I read online that Illustrator CS6 now has a "package"function to collect the image links/fonts for output. I do not see it on mine. Where is it?

Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I don't have Illustrator CS6. But according to this link Package... looks like it might be in the menu under File.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
You would think it's that easy Mike, but it's not Frown I just found an answer.

In case anyone wonders why some things may be missing from your version of CS6 version-this is why:

I called Adobe and this is what they said, because I do not have the Creative Cloud Subscription, it does not exist on my version of CS6. Call me crazy, but I like to own my copy of software and not pay a monthly fee to use it. That just sounds like another way for them to squeeze more money out of its customers. Just isn't right.

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
How is it not right? You prefer to own your license. Therefore you got the features you bought at the time you paid for your licence. When NEW features come out, you pay an upgrade fee to get those new features in your next license/box. Nothing has changed for you.

Creative Cloud membership offers the benefit of getting features as soon as they're available since they are "paying" monthly. Different options offer different benefits and down sides.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
Yes but I am willing to bet that the plan is to "do away" with owning a license or buying your own full package, so that they can make more (or all) people buy into their monthly membership plan. Not a bad financial decision for Adobe, but bad for creatives who can't afford to shell out monthly payments like that.

Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
While I can't speak to Adobe's future/unannounced plans, I was just trying to clarify that offering different options to different customers based on the way they buy is a fact of business and their "right". Ithappens in many businesses. As consumers it's our "right" to buy or not buy.

Is it "right" that Apple charges $20 for a Lightning cable, $30 for an Lightning Adapter, $30 each now for the two pieces that make up the old Camera Connection Kit, when we know that the parts involved are a lot less? Right or wrong, it's business and Apple is out to make a profit. I can choose to buy these accessories or not. I could have stuck with the old iPhone 4s instead of having to upgraded/buy all new cables and adapters. These are choices that Apple made as a business and that I get to make as a consumer.

But saying that something isn't "right" because of the choices you made isn't fair. The customers that are paying monthly have the "right" to those benefits that they pay for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Terry White,

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post