Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    Can't make a 1" tall file in InDesign CS2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't make a 1" tall file in InDesign CS2
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted
Am I missing something or is it not possible to make a 1" tall document in InDesign CS2? The document I'm trying to make needs to be 2.486" x 1"

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing you are creating a label... aren't there Label templates you can use? Avery Labels probably have something you can use. That or you are stuck doing a 2up layout.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2119 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Nope, I'm building a classified ad.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Ok this is strange. InDesign crashed (CS2 on Intel) while I was working on another ad and now it let me create the ad as 1" tall.

Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
That's really strange...

Guess I shouldn't say anything about using Quark huh? Cool

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2119 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
I just created a document with your specs in ID CS3 with no problem.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
I did an ad a few months ago in InDesign CS2 that's 1.625 x 1. No problems, but am on a PPC, not intel Mac.

If it worked after the crash, might it have been a memory or processor issue? I recently had a "new" problem with GoLive CS2, but when I quit the program & re-opened, it was OK.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I've made 1" tall layouts all the time. Command+Option+P.....and just key in your size!

Smile

Thom

Posts: 189 | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post