Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    InDesign print dialog takes too long.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

InDesign print dialog takes too long.
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
InDesign CS4:
This happens routinely. Today I timed it roughly:
When I open an InD document and Cmd-P for Print, it takes about 25 seconds for the driver dialog to come up. (Spinning beach ball).

This is on a Mini with 4 GB memory, late 2009 model, OS 10.6.2 - in other words the system is pretty well up to date.

Other apps access the dialog almost immediately. Even my husband printing wirelessly from across the room doesn't have this kind of issue. Problem only with InD. CS4.

????????

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is a known issue. Although I don't know what causes it in CS4, it is fixed in CS5.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post