Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    Adobe Illustrator Transparency
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adobe Illustrator Transparency
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Hello

I have an Illustrator file that needs a transparent background. How do I make it transparent? When I export it to a png, it gives me an option to have the background transparent. However I want the Illustrator file to be transparent. Thanks for your time.

Posts: 25 | Location: W. Bloomfield | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Try this at Google.

how to make a transparent background in illustrator

I got quite a few responses that looked like your answer might be there.

Posts: 1655 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
I did try that, however everyone said to just export it as a png and create a transparent background. However I need the actual Illustrator File transparent. Thanks though

Posts: 25 | Location: W. Bloomfield | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
It would be helpful to know the whole story:
1) What is your Illustrator file? Line art, photo, what?
2) Why do you need the AI file to be transparent? Where is it going after you're done?
3) What is the end result?

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post