Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    Saving Indesign CS4 files to open in CS1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saving Indesign CS4 files to open in CS1
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
My macbook may be taking a boot and I may have to go back to my old computer with my original CS software. Do I save the file as a INX or IDML to open it in Indesign CS? Im converting all my current jobs that aren't done in case I need to use the old computer.
Thanks
Kelly

ps said you have to save down to CS 3 and have that on a drive, open and save as CS2 then do the same to CS1. Doesn't sound right.

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
Exporting to .INX is the way to save back. However, ID is only tested to save one version back (ie. ID CS4 to CS3). I don't know if the .INX file you export from CS4 will actually open up in CS or not.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Well I couldn't open My .INX file CS one. Frown

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
"ps said you have to save down to CS 3 and have that on a drive, open and save as CS2 then do the same to CS1. Doesn't sound right."

This is exactly what you have to do.
ID CS versions (inx) files will only open one version down.

Posts: 1624 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
On this topic: Am going to order InDesign CS4 upgrade. (CS2 is making some wonky problems in 10.6)
Will CS4 open CS2 files? Don't have CS3.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 1624 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post