Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    seeing black type behind black background in pdf
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

seeing black type behind black background in pdf
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I made an ad and left some black type behind a black background. Printer said it needs rich black to hide it. They use 60,40,30,100. While viewing the printers pdf proof I can see it but in mine. the printer said to make sure I have "simulate Overprinting" checked in the output preview window. I did that and dont see the type. I turned all plates off but the black the printers proof the black looks gray and the text looks black. On my pdf they both are black. What am I doing wrong.
here is a snap shot of the PP (printers) & mine values of all plates. the printers values arent adding up to their rich black like mine does.

the next two are the black plates only and you can see their background is gray and the text looks 100% black.

So is this mean their rich black is not 60,40,30,100? Im assuming that the %'s are the percent of that color.
I havent really looked at the output preview in acrobat only in indesign. and if not how do I veiw like they have so I can catch these mistakes?

Shots for Blk viewing

Posts: 356 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post