Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    Text Prints out dark GRAY instead of JET BLACK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Text Prints out dark GRAY instead of JET BLACK
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of Karen Budzinski
posted
Hi. I am trying to print a shower invitation for my daughters' shower, and it looks jet black, but when I print it out in CMYK (even with values 40/20/20/100) it still isn't dark enough for my liking. Will it be darker at a professional printers? I am trying it in inDesign. Although I designed it in Photoshop, the text was pixelating when zoomed in on, so I am re-doing it in inDesign. Also, I haven't even GOTTEN to my graphics (which are brushes from Photoshop that I plan to import) -- are those going to be lighter too? Thanks for any help!

Posts: 97 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Is something in the printer set to conserve ink? Draft mode, maybe?

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3773 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
This may be a silly question, but why aren't you just setting
the text as 0,0,0,100 to see if that suits your desired results?

Posts: 1624 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of Karen Budzinski
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phyllis for that profound answer that worked Roll Eyes I just had to go into the print parameters!

Thanks too CHunter, but the reason I made it darker was after a google search told me to do that to rid myself of dark gray values. I will now be able to try it at 0 0 0 100!

Thanks for helping me fix this (user) problem!

Posts: 97 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
For future reference. This refers to Black Text in Photoshop. Try using the PS default Black instead (75/68/67/90). A black of 0/0/0/100 in Photoshop will yield a lighter black (almost a dark gray). You can even see the difference in Photoshop's Color Picker.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post