Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Desktop Publishing    Adobe PDF presets for printing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adobe PDF presets for printing
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I have been using CS1 and save my files for the printers as X-1a (per terry years ago when i was having trouble with printers) Now i upgraded to CS4 and am wondering should i keep saving as X-1a or use X-3a or X-1a. I do 4/c business cards, broshures etc.and want to have the least amount of trouble for the printers.
Thanks for any help.
Kelly

Posts: 360 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
PDF X1-a, etc. are the lowest common denominator PDF formats specifically for printing! They strip out ALL the non necessary stuff that printers don't need (ie. form fields, multimedia, layers, etc. etc.) So if this format is working for you and your printers, then I would keep doing it. There's not much to gain by going up to the higher versions of PDF unless your printers needed more editing power or RGB color.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6153 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post