Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wireless    AT&T U-Verse vs. Comcast Cable and Hi-Speed Internet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AT&T U-Verse vs. Comcast Cable and Hi-Speed Internet
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted
I recently switched from Comcast Digital cable w/hi-Speed Internet to AT&T U-Verse with their Hi-Speed DSL and free Network setup. Besides the $50/mo. savings how do you feel about their Internet service,speed, and networking? It eliminated the need to use an Airport Extreme, and I share my printers on my network. Have any of you switched over? If you have are you happy that you made the switch? I had to upgrade to their "Elite DSL package to get 5-6MBS, but love being able to record 4 different programs at once and being able to use the DVR over the Internet!

Posts: 185 | Location: Southfield, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of macjeff
posted Hide Post
One of the items "holding" me to Comcast and not switching to DirecTV is the high speed internet that cable offers. Could you run the "internet speed test" found here - please select Chicagp. I would really like to see a cable vs DSL comparison

Thank you

Go AAPL ..... :-)

----- 10.0 Cheetah, 10.1 Puma, 10.2 Jaguar, 10.3 Panther , 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.X = ( Cougar or Lynx ) -----
----- When was the last time Apple updated a product ..... http://www.mactimeline.com/ -----

Posts: 1796 | Location: Washington, Michigan | Registered: June 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
Hi, I did the DSL Speed Test from Chicago. I got 5.5 MBS download speed, and 900kbs upload speed. This is pretty good, theough I have to spend $15/mo. more to get this speed. The speed that came standard with my U-Verse 400 package, was 1.5 MBS. For $5 per month more, you go to 3 MBS; it costs $15 per month more to go to 6MBS!

Posts: 185 | Location: Southfield, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post