Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wireless    Airport express wont let me run printer utility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airport express wont let me run printer utility
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Rick
posted
I have a similar problem to the one in the post previous to this one. I just bought an Airport Express and connected my Comcast connection and printer (Epson Sylus photo 820). I'm able to connect to the internet and print but I am not able to run the printer utilities showing how much ink I have left or clean my print heads. When I try to run the utlity, no printer shows up to select. Yet I am able to print. When I run the Printer Setup utility, 2 epson printers show up (both labled photo 820). I've tried making one or the other the default with no results. I've tried deleting the old name that was used when I wasnt using Airport.

I've now disconnected my printer from Airport and am able to run the utilities but I would like to take full advantage of Expresses capabilites. Any suggestions on how I can get the printer utilities to work? Thanks

Posts: 621 | Location: Southfield | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
No, according to http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107430 Airport Express does not support use of Printer Utilities. You must plug the USB printer in directly. This also applies to Airport Extreme.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
<snip/>
Any suggestions on how I can get the printer utilities to work? Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: James R. Cutler,

Posts: 1979 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
James— will you recheck the link you posted for this issue? I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
The ibbs server seems to be sending a trailing comma as part of the URL. Just erase the comma and the link will work.

or try this: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107430

Posts: 1979 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post