Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wireless    AirPrint and page range
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AirPrint and page range
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
can I select a page range on AirPrint.
when I hit print it prints all pages on the website and I may only want one?
Thanks
Kelly

Posts: 360 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
It appears to be dependent on the app and the document type. For example, when going to a PDF in Safari (a web page that presented a PDF) I was given an option to print all or a range. Same thing in Mail. But going to a regular web page in Safari does not give the option. It could be that a single web page is considered one "page" by the app, not the several pages it may take to print, and so you don't get the option.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
thanks
but thats terrible.
If I take a screen shot and print it it only prints as a 4x6, I guess it thinks its a photo.
So is there any way to print a photo bigger then 4x6?
Or maybe some other way to get it to work?

Posts: 360 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
I always use MS Word to manipulate screen shots and it works very well when you "Format" your document to .3" to .5" margins all the way around. You can then insert your screen shot and you will be very surprised at the quality available which will be much better than 4" x 6".

Posts: 1656 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I guess the question is - *must* you do this work from the iOS device? Is there some reason you can't use your Mac?

One solution would be to buy a copy of Printopia. Then you could AirPrint as a PDF to your Mac. Of course, at that point, we're back to working on your Mac, so the question remains - is there some reason you can't do this work on your Mac?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Printopia only requires that the Mac with the enabling software be turned on (not sleeping) and on the same wireless network as the iOS device. The iOS device can be anywhere where you can contact that network. Obviously, the printer targeted must be on that network also. I have my printer plugged into my Airport via USB and all my computers as well as iOS devices can print to it as long as the computer with the Printopia software is on. I think I could even do this remotely via Linkedin but I haven't tried that. The reason I do this is because my printer is not AirPrint compatible directly. It's an older HP.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post