Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wireless    Running Printer through Airport Extreme
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Running Printer through Airport Extreme
 Login/Register

posted
I can't get my Canon IP4000 printer to work through my Airport Extreme now that I've upgraded to Leopard. I get error 300 - communication error. It worked fine under Tiger. My HP 1012 Laser continues to work fine through Airport. The Canon works only when directly connected to the computer. Also, my Crossfire hard disk no longer works through airport. It did under Tiger. What did I or do I need to do?

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
For the printer, try deleting it and re-installing it on your system.

Can't speak to the disk. I assume you have restarted both the computer and the Airport Extreme?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jack. I followed your advice and the printer is now running fine. I still can't get the hard disk to work through my Airport Extreme however. Airport says it's there but it doesn't show up on my computers. 'Tis frustrating.

Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
A screen shot of your AirPort Utility app on the "Disks" configuration area would help, specifically the File Sharing tab.

When you say it doesn't "show up" on your computers, where are you looking? Also did you try accessing it with the Connect to Server command in the Finder?

quote:
Originally posted by DrK:
Thank you Jack. I followed your advice and the printer is now running fine. I still can't get the hard disk to work through my Airport Extreme however. Airport says it's there but it doesn't show up on my computers. 'Tis frustrating.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Board is one reason MacGroup is so special. Thank you Terry. The connect to server command immediately brought the hard disk up on my computers. All is now well with everything working as desired. My hat is off to you and Jack.

Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Here's more info.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post