Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Wireless    IPhone 5c question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IPhone 5c question
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of suzy
posted
My daughter in law just bought a new iPhone 5c two weeks ago. She doesn't keep it locked, and now she cannot remember what her restriction code is in the GENERAL setting. Also, she thinks something is not right with her FaceTime app. I think she said it keeps disappearing?? I suggested, backing up and wipe clean to get a new code? Not sure if that's right. Any suggestions, or apple store or phone place she bought it?

Thank you Suzy

Posts: 102 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
She should visit the closest Apple store Genius Bar for a quick Diagnostic test. She can book an appointment online by visiting that stores website.

As far as the restriction pass code is concerned... if she backs it up and Reatores it, she will be backing up that pass code. It will come back when she syncs her backup. She may need to Restore the phone and set it up as New if she can't remember that code.

She should also have a pass code to unlock the phone as well as Find My Phone turned on via iCloud.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2119 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of suzy
posted Hide Post
I will let her know Dave. Thank you.

Posts: 102 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post