Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Road Warrior - Gear for the Road SIG    Visor ( Palm ) iCal Entourage - Sync Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visor ( Palm ) iCal Entourage - Sync Problem
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted
It seems that at one time I could put entries into my calendar on my handspring Visor, hook it up to my Mac an run iSync. The entries would flow from my Visor to Entourage. However this does not work now. iCal gets updated but not Entourage and my brain is drawing a blank. What do i need to do?

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1725 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
What version of Entourage? In 2004, make sure you check Entourage's preferences under Sync Services. If it's earlier, I thought you needed 3rd party software to make it work.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Jack,

It Entourage 2004. The "Sync Services" setting. Is that in Entourage or iSync or Palm Desktop?

Thanks

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

Posts: 1725 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Entourage Preferences. Look for Sync Services and make sure iCal is turned on (as opposed to you, Cal).

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Jack,

My Version of Entourage does not have that pref.

see attached

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Jack,

My Version of Entourage does not have that pref.

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you have 2004?

===

Entourage preferences

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Jack I do not have the setting Sync Services in my Entourage Prefs.

But my splash screen whe I do About Entourage it says Entourage 2004 11.2.3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Calvin,

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Jack I am going out to Microsoft update for Office and pull down the latest. Maybe it wasn't in the orignal 2004 version. I am pulling 10.2.5

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was an add-on later - get the patches and you'll be set. You'll get Spotlight integration too, a big plus for searching e-mail.

===

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
I guess my problem is that I am not running Tiger is that it. I downloaded the update and also ran the handheld sync installer in the additional tools folder

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Yes, you need Tiger to get Sync Services. There's probably some other way to sync with the palm, but since I don;t use one, I can't help there.

===