Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Road Warrior - Gear for the Road SIG    Headset Recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headset Recommendation
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted
What kind of headsets do members like for hands-free cell phone usage?

My chief concerns are:

1. hearing and talking clearly with background noise - achieving quality sound transmission, in other words. I would like to exclude ambient sound very well in one ear, but I don't have experience with the various isolating ear buds vs. open-cup headphones, etc.

2. hands-free use - I'm not all that interested in Bluetooth if sound quality suffers.

Thanks!

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
My and my son's experience has been that aomething that actually plugs into the cellphone, rather than any bluetooth is much clearer on both ends.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Plantronics has good bluetooth headsets as does Motorola. I use Cingular as my carrier and I make sure I upgrade my telephone whenever it becomes eligible for one.

Newer phones are using new protocols that we all soon will have to be using for our phones.

When was the last time you upgraded?

Mel
LifeTime Member

Posts: 60 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI. USA | Registered: August 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
I have trouble wearing any kind of headphones because I wear hearing aids. I have gone to a bluetooth device manufactured by Parrot. It works very well in the car and I have no trouble hearing calls and people hear me well also, no ambient noise on either end. It can be connected to work through the audio system in your car or have it's own speaker. I use a Treo 650 phone and have never not connected or missed a sync in over a year. Had a Sony bluetooth phone and Sony hands free unit in the car and it only worked about 60% of the time. I highly recommend the bluetooth hands free unit with a speaker v. something you plug in your ear. Now if it will work with iPhone I'll be all set since I have Cingular/ATT already.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 841 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
I upgraded my phone 1 year ago. It has a 2.5mm 3-conductor mic jack.

What do you mean by new protocols?

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post