Find
Notify
Tools

Navigon 2100 GPS
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted
For those of you using the Navigon 2100 GPS has it told you to go the wrong way on one-way streets? I set it to navigate me to work and when I got to downtown Holland it directed me to go the wrong way on 2 different one-way streets. In map mode it show these streets as one-way.
Is this the fault of the maps on the unit or the GPS satellites?

Also when I plug it into a generic USB charger it thinks it is in sync mode and just displays a graphic of the GPS connected to a PC. Has anyone been able to use it with a generic USB charger?

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you are trying to charge it via your computer. Nowhere in the 99-page pdf manual does it say you can do that. I plugged mine into the house socket via a small adapter that allows me to plug a car adapter into a regular house socket.

I've not been in a situation with one-way streets yet, so I can't comment on your other part. Do you have the "Traffic Option"? Maybe that has some effect on one-way streets, but I doubt it. I've not seen any reports of anyone having problems with one=way streets in anything I've seen online. The power cord (which acts as the antenna for the Traffic Option service) has to be plugged in to the unit to receive that information, but the power cord does not have to be plugged in to the car charger socket.

I have found, thought, that if you have a street that is N. Something you only type in "Something" and it figures out N., S., whatever, itself somehow and gives you a list to choose from. If you type in as "N. Something" it can't find it. Interesting.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
I have tried charging it with a generic USB wall charger and a generic USB car charger and get the sync screen, not a big deal for charging when not in use. I'd like to use my car charger because it has multiple USB ports. I'm guessing due to the antenna there is another contact in the supplied charge cable so I will probably have to get a splitter with multiple car charger ports.

I have the traffic option, but it does not function on this side of the state.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bibo (Jim Nichols),

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm confused. My unit came only with a power cable that connects the unit to a car charger, not with anything that connects to USB. That cable acts also as the antenna for the Traffic Option. I don't understand what you are using to connect it to USB, especially since the manual does not mention anything about being able to charge it via USB. You must be using something that does not come with the unit.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Mine only came with the car charger too, but the power port on the 2100 is a mini USB port. I am charging it indoors via USB.