Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Road Warrior - Gear for the Road SIG    GPS: Garmin vs Navigon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GPS: Garmin vs Navigon
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
Terry,
Since you have experience with both the Navigon and Garmin GPS units, which is better? I just may get one for the trip home.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
Garmin!

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Which model?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
That of course depends on your budget. I'm a fan of the Nüvi 360. However, you may or may not need all the features that it offers. The 350 is great too. They have a slew of models that meet just about any need.

----

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
thanks, Terry.

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Staples.com has the Navigon 2100 for $99 today (11-23). Terry, I see in your blog you got one for your dad, how is it? Is it a decent unit? My dad wants a GPS too.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
posted Hide Post
I like it. However, Staples ran out within the first few minutes after 6AM this morning. It is by far the best deal going (if you can get one) on portable GPS's. For $99 Staples was also including the LifeTime Traffic which goes for $99 by itself.

quote:
Originally posted by Bibo:
Staples.com has the Navigon 2100 for $99 today (11-23). Terry, I see in your blog you got one for your dad, how is it? Is it a decent unit? My dad wants a GPS too.

----

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Cool, I ordered one at 6am!

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
I got two of them at about 6:20 am in store here in ann Arbor. Yay! Forewarned is forearmed. The Quick Start Guide that comes in the box is very sparse. The full manual is a "must." There is a full scale pdf manual online at
ftp://support:support@ftp.navigon.com/us/manuals/Manual...0_English_Rev1_0.pdf

Posts: 2269 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post