Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Road Warrior - Gear for the Road SIG    macBook Pro power Cord light
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

macBook Pro power Cord light
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
I swear I saw my power cord with a red light on it today,,,,normally it has that orange tinge when charging ,,crazy?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
Never saw a red light before. Something might not be totally correct.

I think there is a red and green LED in the connector. Red + green = orange. If for some reason the green LED wasn't on, you'd see red.

Sometimes if the connector isn't fully seated in its socket, unexpected things happen.

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
MagSafe adapters are fantastic but not seating properly is almost impossible. The magnetic design pulls the plug into place everytime. What you may have seen was a slight surge of power. I have seen a red light once in a while but haven't heard any negative press.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2116 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Until I read your question about orange/red LEDs, I would have said the lights on my MacBook Pro and Judy's have been red since we bought them in March. I just asked her what color her light is, and she said "red".

Now that I look carefully, I can see how one might accuately call it orange - but it is a really red orange. As far as I know neither of our computers has had a different shade of red/orange. I wonder what effect other light in the room has on the color or perception of color.

That's our experience, but I am not sure quite what it tells us.

David Snider

Posts: 84 | Registered: April 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post