Find
Notify
Tools

Bad day for me
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
Not only am I having an airport issue ,,,my cuff caught the edge of the Option key on my PB G4
Is there any one out there that has any ideas to replace one without buying the whole board?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
If the key top just came off, you may be able to push it back on.

If not, the Apple Store might be able to re-attach it. Is your PB still under warranty?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
I looked at the key and it has 2 tiny nubbies that fit into corresponding metal holder
One of the nubbies broke off

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Dave Finegold
posted Hide Post
sounds like you might need a new board. I'd have Apple look at it.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

Posts: 252 | Location: Novi | Registered: March 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
i got lucky and ran into a fellow whose kid tears theses keys off for kicks

The method to put them back on is
take the key ,,turn itt over and if the white spring clip is still attached, carefully remove it from the key...Reinsert it first onto the board then snap the key on. Worked like a charm

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Took the PB to Mac Professionals.....bad logic board,,,lucky for Apple Care

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
what's a Logic board do?
(logical question)

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
The Logic Board is the main system board. Everything is connected to it.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Bill Carver
AIM: Online Status For wgcarver
posted Hide Post
Mac Professionals is good, but there's this really great genius guy in Eastpointe who is good at fitting nubbles in their place.Smile

Never see a doctor whose office plants have died.

Posts: 454 | Location: Eastpointe | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Does his name start with a B?

Jedi Knight
Picture of Bill Carver
AIM: Online Status For wgcarver
posted Hide Post
It might wabbit! It might. Big Grin

Never see a doctor whose office plants have died.

Posts: 454 | Location: Eastpointe | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
you should pass your cards ,,I never knew!!!

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Bill,,please read my post previous to this on the battery problems ,,,any ideas?