Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Road Warrior - Gear for the Road SIG    New PB battery problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New PB battery problem
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
As I was ordering my Morning Java, I noted a newbie Mac user having problems with his MacBook

seems he could use the power cord fine but the battery charge icon had an X thru it and the battery was fully discharged after pressing the battery charge button,,,I convinced him to join but promised him an answer ,,,,any thoughts??

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
First, make sure it is seated properly. Take the battery off and reinstall it. Then if it will charge, "condition" it. If not, get to the Apple Store.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
thanks Jamie
the cord is hat new magnetic one ,,, the little green light was on

I should have thought of taking the battery out and reepositioning it but OOOPs

Any other ideas?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post