Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Road Warrior - Gear for the Road SIG    What would I see different on a Matte screen vs. anti-glare?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would I see different on a Matte screen vs. anti-glare?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
AIM: Online Status For macike
posted
I have an "Anti-glare" MacBook Pro,is the screen or colors different on a Matte screen? Any advantages for one over the other,or is the terminology just different? I thought I read that the manufacturing process was slightly different. We have a treasure of Graphics-pros,Photographers,and Digital-Wizards! Do most of you prefer Matte or Anti-Glare screens for your work or the effects on your eyes?

Posts: 185 | Location: Southfield, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
I personally prefer the non-matte screen since I can usually orient the screen to avoid glare, but orientation does not help the diffuse haze from the matte screen. I have traveled many miles with both types of screen on my laptop.

On the desk, non-matte is a no-brainer choice for me.

Color is independent of the surface finish except for an apparent loss of contrast and saturation in the matte screen as compared to the non-matte screen.

Bottom line: Pick what works for you, not what works for someone else - unless that someone else is paying the check.

Posts: 1978 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post