Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Classic Mac OS    iTunes malfunction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iTunes malfunction
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Just moved from AT&T (Plymouth) to Verizon (South Lyon) and find my iTunes only partially works where it was flawless before. The action seems to be valid but the sound does not come in. Anyone have an idea of what I could try/adjust to hopefully make it work?
OS 10.4.11
bfordyce@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 34 | Location: Plymouth, MI USA | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Can you give us some more detail, because your phone carrier shouldn't have anything to do with iTunes. What, exactly, are you trying to do - on what hardware/OS - and what is failing?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
When I receive musical MP3's and try to play them, iTunes opens up and goes through the usual playing routine, but I hear no music or sound. I can also 'store'/move the MP3 into iTunes successfully.
Also, when I receive emails where I have to go to another site to 'see' the contents, they 'play' and I can see what is happening, but there is no sound for me to HEAR them.
Am using a G5 Mac, 1.6GHz PowerPC OS 10.4.11

Posts: 34 | Location: Plymouth, MI USA | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
After you moved are you sure that you plugged your speakers into the correct jack, the headphone jack not the microphone jack?

Are your speakers powered? Is the power wire plugged into the speakers and the wall outlet.

Let us know.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Brian, THAT did it! The speakers' power was not on!
I left the move all up to the techie and he simply missed that part of it.
THANK YOU so much!
What would we do without Terry and his outfit?
Beth

iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
I used to read "Terry and the Pirates" all the time.

Posts: 1964 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post