Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Classic Mac OS    Classic computer in Leadville
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic computer in Leadville
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
Just a bit of nostalgia. The new Mining Museum in Leadville CO has a Mac Classic on display with the back exposed - To demonstrate modern technology's dependence on mined minerals. Here it is:

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Jo Disler:
Just a bit of nostalgia. The new Mining Museum in Leadville CO has a Mac Classic on display with the back exposed - To demonstrate modern technology's dependence on mined minerals. Here it is:

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of chris.fx
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm Classic! It still looks better than most PCs today. I had one with 4 megs of RAM. I traded it for a CB Radio When I bought a PowerBook 360. I wonder if the mono video tube would be working if I had kept it.

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Mine still works. I use it for friends who find documents on old 400K or 800K floppies that they want to recover but have nothing to read them. Love putting the old baby through her paces.
quote:
Originally posted by chris.fx:
Mmmmm Classic! It still looks better than most PCs today. I had one with 4 megs of RAM. I traded it for a CB Radio When I bought a PowerBook 360. I wonder if the mono video tube would be working if I had kept it.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3764 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
I still have one. I had Woz sign it the first time he came to MacGroup to speak.

It's one of my Museum Pieces.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1722 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post