Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Classic Mac OS    Microsoft Office 2004 is corrupt?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Microsoft Office 2004 is corrupt?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
For the past week or so (for reasons unknown), I have had this message appear every time I try to open any Microsoft office app (word, powerpoint or excel) in OS 10.4.4: The font"Charcoal" is corrupt and should be removed. When I click OK, it just goes through my WHOLE list of fonts one by one and says they each are corrupt and will not open either app even though I keep clicking ok. Is my whole Microsoft Office 2004 application corrupt? How do i fix this?

Thanks,
Natalie

Posts: 462 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Check out this article.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of chris.fx
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the article link Jack. Fonts can cause all sorts of problems. My computer at work had over activated 3000 fonts on it. With many corrupted and duplicate files. Tried to fix it up manually at first but there were still problems. I downloaded the free LinoType FontExplorer X. It helped for a while. There is also FontDoctor™ for Macintosh most of it's functions can be use for free too.

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post