Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Classic Mac OS    Creatng .eps file using PageMaker 6.5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creatng .eps file using PageMaker 6.5
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
How do I successfully make .eps file using PM 6.5 on G3 with OS 9.2.2, to send to PC user with no PM pgm? File has about 90 pages, all text, and can be in either booklet form (2 pages per sheet) or single-page form.
Is there also another way to send a PM 6.5 doc that can be "used" by cutting/pasting data from it?

Posts: 34 | Location: Plymouth, MI USA | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
You can't....

You could make a .pdf of the project so they could proofread everything, but if they don't have Pagemaker they won't be able to "cut and paste" anything. What program do they plan to use... Word? Explain that this isn't a Mac/PC issue but having the right tools to do what is requested. Can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, but if you do I need you to buy a lotto ticket for me. Wink

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2106 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
To create an EPS you would use the Print command and
select Postscript from the printer menu. Then Save.

EPS files are typically one page files...
Unless you are printing the document to postscript
and it will be converted with, say Acrobat Distiller.

EPS is not the format to use if your intent is to
cut and paste. Exporting the text in RTF or Word doc
may be a way to go.

Posts: 1615 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post