Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Android SIG    Welcome to the Android SIG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome to the Android SIG
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
Heya all!

I know iPhone seems to be the wave of the future from the Apple world, but Google's Android OS is giving IOS a run for the money.

I recently switched from iPhone 3GS to a Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.1 on AT&T's network.

I'm looking for ways to sync my new Android phone with iTunes, iPhoto, etc., on my Mac.

Looking for ways to Jailbreak my Android, called "rooting" - but a bit scared...

Anybody have any thoughts? Opinions? Comments? Suggestions? Please post them here!

Thanks!

Posts: 164 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of cjhall
posted Hide Post
Checkout Doubletwist.

http://www.doubletwist.com/

Posts: 172 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
SYNC YOUR PHONE with The Missing Sync: Sync your calendar,
 address book, music, photos and much more between your phone
 and Mac. Supports ANDROID, BLACKBERRY, PALM PRE and many
 other phones.
http://www.markspace.com/bits

Posts: 2269 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
I have a Droid Incredible. Check out rooting videos on YT. It really doesn't seem that complicated.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1418 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I found that DoubleTwist dies if you try to sync a large photo or music library.

I found this one: http://www.salling.com/ and it seems to work better. It's FREE to start by resyncing everything every time you sync; but if you pay the shareware fee it speeds up the sync by only syncing what's changed.

Works pretty well.

I'm just finding the music player isn't very good... But that's a different issue.

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Paul you referenced YT... What is that?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S from ATT...

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Thanks Donna but my experience with Missing Sync hasn't been good, although my opinion is a few years old...

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
YT = YouTube

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post