Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

older mac equipment
 Login/Register

posted
Doe anyone collect or use the old mac equipment (like SCSI scanner etc) I have some great old stuff I would be happy to donate.

I also have tons of old computer programming books, although they are useless for programming today, if someone was a collector or knows of a recycling program, please let me know.

Write me at rmm (at) 3lbgames.com
-Robin

http:/www.3lbgames.com

Check out our iphone apps - Kidwords and Kidwords Spanish in the itunes Store!
http://www.3lbgames.com

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
I see your SCSI scanner and raise you a Zero Footprint external drive for a SE30.

I have a number of those same type of items that are functional but dated. It gets to the point where you have to let go. There are 4 places I let go:

1) To a private preson that will buy or accept it as a donation ( Senior Citizens love it )

2) Salvation Army, Purple Heart, those sort of places - Wipe your drives clean first -

3) Best Buy -- They will recycle for free - Wipe your drives clean first - or remove them from the device.

4) Put it back in the closet and try again in 6 months to let it go.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1728 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip about Best Buy. I didn't know they recycles for free. I'm assuming that means you don't have to buy something there to recycle something.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
You can check this link for what their restrictions are. I would also call before going to the store. The toughest part is when you have to remove the hard drive if you are not savvy with a screwdriver.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nu...d=pcmcat149900050025

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1728 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in a SCSI Nikon filmscanner for 35mm and 2 1/4 format film-not a flatbed.

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post