Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    fixing a group photo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fixing a group photo
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted
Hello--
This is for Terry or anyone else who remembers how to do this. At a previous meeting, Terry demonstrated how to fix a group photo. First, he took several photos of the same group. Then, he was able to replace people from one photo into another. So, hopefully, in the end, all people in the shot have their best shots displayed. I can't remember if this was done with masking. Does anyone recall how to do this? Thanks.
Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Rhonda, Terry answered this for someone else a few days ago. Photo merge

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3773 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phyllis. Can you do this in cs4 also?

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I don't have CS4, but I'm relatively sure that it works the same way. The photomerge plug in is available in CS3, although I've never had to use it.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3773 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
1) Put the two photos together in one document one layer on top of the other.

2) Select both group photo layers in the layers panel

3) Choose Auto-Align layers in the Edit menu

4) Add a layer mask and paint with black to hide the people on top to reveal the people underneath.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Terry. It worked great.

Rhonda