Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    Elements 8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elements 8
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
Any better deal than amazon for element 8
they are asking $82 plus a $20 rebate?

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Is there a update price????

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Costco has it in store for $84.99 or less and the $20.00 rebate from Adobe still applies.

Usually Elements is straight purchase, not upgrade.

Posts: 1653 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
janp,

Amazon seems to have about the best price available. In addition, Amazon and Adobe should be good for the mail-in rebate.

Of course, if you have to add shipping, find a friend with a Costco membership.

Posts: 1978 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
I believe shipping is free on Amazon for orders over $25.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Amazon has free shipping, as long as you don't use the 1-Click purchase, as it's not set up to give you this option. This is from my email yesterday, from Amazon customer service..

Our system also won't automatically apply the Super Saver Shipping option to qualifying orders, and Super Saver Shipping can't be the default 1-Click shipping method. I'm sorry if this was unclear when you placed your order.

I see your order would've qualified for free shipping, so I've made a one-time exception and requested a refund of the shipping costs for this order. You'll see a credit of $2.98 in the next 2-3 business days.

If you want to use Super Saver Shipping in the future, I'd recommend placing the order through the Shopping Cart, where you can manually select Super Saver Shipping as your shipping method.

Posts: 103 | Registered: July 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
Amazon is running a deal TODAY on it for $62.99 and you get the rebate which brings it down to $42.99.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Terry
I got the PSE 8 today but the rebate form ask for the sales receipt. Will the print off email from amazon be acceptable???

Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
It should be, but wasn't there an Amazon receipt/packing slip in the box? I always get one.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
There's usually a receipt in the box from Amazon. At least the thing I just received from them did, but it was small--about a half sheet.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
You can also get your invoice/receipt from the amazon site.

It should then take you to a page that says "Your Account>Your orders.

At the "Show orders" drop down, select the time frame (probably "last 30 days" for a very recent order.)

Click "Search Orders."

A page showing your orders appears.

ON THE LEFT, under the date, click "View Invoice" and/or "View Order Details"

All detail will come up on a page that can be printed.

Better online merchants make receipts available since some people may need to fine-tune tax records.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
oops,,,did you mean the slip at the bottom of the box that was laying in the recycle bin about to be put out....That receipt????

Smile

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat, Jan. I hope Adobe will accept the printout I got from Amazon.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post