Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST/EASIEST WAY TO FIX THIS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST/EASIEST WAY TO FIX THIS?
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of Carol Goodell
posted
Hello Photoshop Gurus : )

I would really like to be able to much better blend the light blue fill of the previous white area of Craig's shirt (lower right). I don't know which approach to take, smudging or blurring or overpainting or ...

Thank you very much for generously sharing your time and expertise about what you would do.

Sincerely,

Carol : )

Posts: 1580 | Location: Bingham Farms, MI, USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
When you say blend, what are blending into what? If you mean that you wish to make the shirt white, then select the blue area of the shirt with the Quick Selection Tool (Cmd-W), click on Image>Adjust>Desaturate, then adjust the desired white intensity with the Levels sliders (Cmd-L). See attached photo.

Posts: 270 | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Carol Goodell
posted Hide Post
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for your question. I've tried to make the situation clearer using a label. (see attachment)
Where the light blue patch is now, it used to be white. What I wish to do is blend the light blue patch into the light blue shirt. (I added the single pixel stroke to delineate the patch for purposes of answering your question.
Thanks again for your help.
Best Wishes,
Carol : )

Posts: 1580 | Location: Bingham Farms, MI, USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
OK, now I understand. I simply used the Clone Stamp Tool (Cmd-S) at a low setting to clone into the light patch sampling from other areas of the shirt. I think it turned out well.

iBBS Addict
Picture of Carol Goodell
posted Hide Post
Oh, WOW!!! You made it perfect!!!
Thank you so much! : )
Sincerely,
Carol

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
You're very welcome. I like challenges.