Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    Photoshop 7.0.1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photoshop 7.0.1
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of maury potter
posted
I can't fill my selection - "Fill" in Edit is grayed out.

I created my selection with the pen tool, inversed the selection, but "Fill" is always gray.

My OS is 10.4.11

Thanks

Posts: 34 | Location: Royal Oak, MI USA | Registered: August 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that you are on an unlocked layer?

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Note that a Path can and will be visible (if the path is selected in the Paths Palette) regardless of which layer you have selected in the Layers Palette.

There are a lot of variables that can effect what you are attempting to do - so, we could use more specific info. I'd suggest doing the following "as a test", in order to determine where the problem may be - and then provide us your results. Also, please let us know how much experience you have with Photoshop.

• Create a New document.
• Do not make any new layers or turn the Background into a layer.
• Draw a simple path, with the Pen Tool.
• The path will appear in the Paths Palette as a work path.
• Make sure that you have this work path selected in the Paths Palette (it should be visible).
• Also, make sure that you set "any other color but white" as your Foreground Color.
• From within the Paths Palette either fill the path - or turn the path into a selection (running ants), then go to Edit/Fill../choose Foreground Color.

The purpose of this test is to determine if there is a problem with Photoshop, or because you may not be doing something correctly.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post