I can't fill my selection - "Fill" in Edit is grayed out.
I created my selection with the pen tool, inversed the selection, but "Fill" is always gray.
My OS is 10.4.11
Are you sure that you are on an unlocked layer?
|Jedi Council Member|
Note that a Path can and will be visible (if the path is selected in the Paths Palette) regardless of which layer you have selected in the Layers Palette.
There are a lot of variables that can effect what you are attempting to do - so, we could use more specific info. I'd suggest doing the following "as a test", in order to determine where the problem may be - and then provide us your results. Also, please let us know how much experience you have with Photoshop.
• Create a New document.
• Do not make any new layers or turn the Background into a layer.
• Draw a simple path, with the Pen Tool.
• The path will appear in the Paths Palette as a work path.
• Make sure that you have this work path selected in the Paths Palette (it should be visible).
• Also, make sure that you set "any other color but white" as your Foreground Color.
• From within the Paths Palette either fill the path - or turn the path into a selection (running ants), then go to Edit/Fill../choose Foreground Color.
The purpose of this test is to determine if there is a problem with Photoshop, or because you may not be doing something correctly.