Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    Upgrading from Photoshop 7
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upgrading from Photoshop 7
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I see on Adobe's website that I'm not able to upgrade from Photoshop 7 to CS4. Is it still possible to get an unopened upgrade of CS, CS2, or CS3 and legitimately update my copy of 7?

I've been using 7 and it has been doing everything I needed it to do, but I upgraded to an Intel iMac and I can no longer use 7.

I tried to use Gimp to do a small project but I'm so used to Photoshop that it was painful to work with.

I suppose I can always try Elements and see if it fits the bill.

Thanks,
Brian

Posts: 237 | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Check this link at Amazon for items 2 and 3. Both CS3 and CS4 run on an Intel Mac but the difference in price does not make sense.

Posts: 1655 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
So if I understand this correctly, CS and CS2 will run on an intel mac under rosetta, but CS3 and CS4 will run natively?

I have the Photoshop Elements trial and I'll see if it works for me.

Thanks

Posts: 237 | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post