Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    "Imprinting" name and year on senior pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Imprinting" name and year on senior pictures
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of Karen Budzinski
posted
I have been asked to take senior pictures for a few kids whose dads are out of work. I have basic lighting and ordered a reflector and am shooting with Canon 20D digital rebel. How can I "imprint" name on bottom of photo in photoshop? Also, any suggestions for good pics would be appreciated! I am new at this and am just trying to help out. Regards!

Posts: 97 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of macjeff
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking to do but what I do for some pictures is to make transparent text at the bottom. The text is completely see thru as to not take away from image.

I use some of the text examples found in Scott Kelby's "Down and Dirty Tricks" books. He has various examples of "transparent text" in his books and offers good step by step examples

Here is simple example and link to a "non Scott Kelby example " but you can get the idea. This example goes through many more steps than the one I use offered by Scott Kelby

Here is a link to another example

Go AAPL ..... :-)

----- 10.0 Cheetah, 10.1 Puma, 10.2 Jaguar, 10.3 Panther , 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.X = ( Cougar or Lynx ) -----
----- When was the last time Apple updated a product ..... http://www.mactimeline.com/ -----

Posts: 1796 | Location: Washington, Michigan | Registered: June 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of CHunter
AIM: Online Status For chitahunter
posted Hide Post
You can add a text layer that has the name on it above the layer with the main image. This allows you to place the name in any location you wish and add as many layer styles (Outer Glow, Drop Shadow, Transparency, etc.) you wish to spice it up.

Since you're doing this for grads, you might also want to look at the Picture Package feature.
File > Automate > Picture Package, for multiple printing layouts after you've completed the file.

Posts: 1380 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of Karen Budzinski
posted Hide Post
Thanks -- I'll try both of these!!!

Posts: 97 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post