Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    Smart images question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smart images question
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I recieved a photoshop layout that has smart objects in it. I haven't worked with them and need to know are the files embedded in the photoshop file? I need to resize everything smaller but I want to make sure I don't need to ask client for original files. I also clicked on one smart object it opened but I cant find it on my computer (my hard drive to private folder and 5 more folders after that). Where is the original file stored? Im a little confused.
thanks for any help. Kelly

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Smart Objects are embedded in the Photoshop file. So, you really shouldn't need to ask your client for the original files, especially when you are reducing them in size. The Smart Object isn't stored on your computer as a separate file, but within the Photoshop file.

Here's a link to an article with more info.
http://www.adobepress.com/arti...rticle.asp?p=1332850

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
thanks so much.

Posts: 358 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Glad the info helped.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post