Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Photoshop SIG    Updating Lightroom 3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updating Lightroom 3
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I upgraded from Lightroom 2 to Lightroom 3 yesterday with no problem. I entered the new serial number and registered the product.I then got a screen message that there was an update to LR 3.3 available, did I want to upgrade? I answered yes. I was told the size and the download began. I have a disc image of LR 3.3 on my desktop. I've tried dragging it onto the LR3 folder in applications,but it doesn't seem to load. Is this another case of "I should have downloaded the upgrade from the Adobe site rather than letting the Adobe software take me to it?

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Double-click the disk image to mount it. Then double-click on Adobe Lightroom 3.pkg. Magic will happen.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Double-click the disk image to mount it, then run the upgrade installer in the disk image.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Thanks James and Phylis. Telling me to dbl click on the LR package was the trick-it just wasn't obvious to me. Now do I still need to update the ACR too? If I remember from Elements this was an actual file replacement?

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now do I still need to update the ACR too?
I guess I'm to sleepy to remember what is meant by "ACR".
-

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post