Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Upcoming Events    MacGroup Photo Walk - Detroit Zoo - July 19th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MacGroup Photo Walk - Detroit Zoo - July 19th
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but just so I haven't been misunderstood about the fireworks idea this is one last reply. Because I think this is a rather unique approach and a departure from the Windsor side shot (been there, done that), I am suggesting a location inside Detroit with the Ren Cen large and prominent in the foreground functioning as a silohette with the fireworks going off in the sky behind it. You wouldn't even see Windsor in this scenario, the background would be filled with the color of the fireworks. Think of the Statue of Liberty with Fireworks behind it as an example of the angle. Only I think it would be best to shoot on a rooftop somewhere, like the Blue Cross building. If anyone can recall where that is, I'm thinking that would be a good angle. There are many other benefits to shooting on the Detroit side which I wont go into now, but I just thought some member might have some pull or connections to score a location like this or if there's a cost involved what it would be. Thanks,

Posts: 417 | Location: greater detroit area | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Right across the street from the Ren Cen is the Millender Center. They have a roof top party each year that is a fund raiser for COTS. It may be too close to give you the silloutte that you are looking for.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1722 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Had a great time today! Thanks, Terry...for setting this up!

I uploaded some photos today, and the color seems odd (to me)...compared to my Lightroom visual. Photos were exported as JPGs. Oh well.

Smile

Thom

Posts: 189 | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
Thom, nice shots! For the color, did you export as sRGB?

http://gallery.me.com/macgroupdetroit/100011

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I don't know Calvin but it seems worth a try. Thanks, I'll look into it and report back to the group. Got a year to work on it.

Posts: 417 | Location: greater detroit area | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry White:
Thom, nice shots! For the color, did you export as sRGB?

http://gallery.me.com/macgroupdetroit/100011

Thank you! And yes, I did export them as sRGB. I basically used my "hi-res email" setting, which is nothing more than a higher dpi. The images on the gallery look exceptionally wacky. Perhaps I will UL them to a quicky LR gallery linked off my site for a comparo.

EDIT:
I just threw a LR gallery up (blech) to see if there was a difference. I edited one image...the monkey dreaming about the waterfall. The rest should be the same. Photos are viewable here:

http://thombriggs.com/MUGPhotoWalk/index.html

Ninja Edit: I lied. There are a couple new images up there. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thom,

Thom

Posts: 189 | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post