Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Upcoming Events    Live Podcast at Grand Rapids Apple Store
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Live Podcast at Grand Rapids Apple Store
 Login/Register

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted
Heads up for Bibo and other around Grand Rapids. MyMac.com will be doing a live podcast with lots of giveaways this Saturday at the Grand Rapids Apple Store from 2PM until 3:30PM.

http://www.mymac.com/showarticle.php?id=2834

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3773 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Got an e-mail from them last week (forgot I was on their mailing list as I stopped listening to the Podcast last year) and marked my calendar! I need to brush up on my Apple trivia!
But thanks for the reminder!

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Ryanne & I made out nicely, I got a NewerTech miniStack V2 and a GarageBand book. And Ryanne got the Tiger Edition of the Missing Manual and a NewerTech TrafficJamZ

They only recorded the Giveaway at the Apple Store and are going to record the rest of the Podcast this weekend.

Overall not a huge turnout, maybe 25 or 30 people there for the PodCast so many of us got more than 1 prize. It was very busy at the Apple Store though.

UPDATE!!! I just pluggged the miniStack in and it's not just the enclosure it has a 250 GB drive in it!! SWEET!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bibo (Jim Nichols),

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
The Podcast is now online, they did not put the entire giveaway recording in the podcast, but you hear me answer slightly wrong about the original 2 colors of the iBook yet still win the miniStack. They were quite kind to everyone with getting the exact answers as you will hear with some of the winners.

http://www.mymac.com/podcast/MyMac-120_LIVE_Apple_Store.mp3

The quiz questions can be viewed here.