Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Upcoming Events    Welcome to the Microsoft Store
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome to the Microsoft Store
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Chuck M
posted

Posts: 2075 | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Is there anything they *didn't* copy from the Apple store?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
The amount of people in their store on Day 2??? Big Grin

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2104 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
I can't believe how unbelievably lame they are at coming up with their own ideas. Amazing! With all that money you would think they would be able to buy an original thought.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the new Mac/PC ads from Apple. They could attack this on so many levels, and I hope they do.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1417 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
quote:
The amount of people in their store on Day 2???

Ow! That'll leave a mark! Well done.

I like the new Win7 Apple ads, too.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Check out the Fox video review of Windows 7 and watch how the video plays when he does the demo. Some things never change.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569264,00.html#

Click on the window to the right "Pros and Cons of Windows 7"

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1725 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like there are more store personnel than customers in that video. Granted, it looks like do they have people waiting to get in. As Terry stated, you'd think they could have come up with something a little more unique than copying the apple store concept.

Posts: 825 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Nina:

People (companies) always copy the things that work.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Stone:
People (companies) always copy the things that work.

So I don't have to copy you because you don't work! Big Grin

( for others Mr. Stone is retired )

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1725 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post