Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Help Wanted    I'm at wits end
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm at wits end
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Bill Carver
AIM: Online Status For wgcarver
posted
Since my business failed and I tried a new avenue to success, driving a truck, I find myself deeply in debt, next to homeless, unable to pay my rent, cellular phone bill and barely buy the groceries. Many of you know how well I work with computers (macintosh in particular) and what kind of person I am.

I'm hoping someone out there based on their knowledge of me has a position open or knows of one that they could recommend me for.

I've just about given up. this is just too much to deal with.

Please respond here or via email. I have no phone anyomore.

Never see a doctor whose office plants have died.

Posts: 454 | Location: Eastpointe | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
What are your salary requirements? Can you post some of your skills?

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1421 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Bill have you check out Chuck Freedman's posting for talent.

http://macgroup.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/358606642/m/3091088672

I don't know if it's a fit but what the heck.

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1727 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Just a whim - Have you tried Google in Ann Arbor, or U of Mich Human Resources? They have been highly Mac oriented for many years. (Steve Jobs even shipped NEXt computers there for testing during that era nearly 20 years ago.)

Google's participation in digitizing the U of M Library comes to mind.

What about advertising agencies around town that may use Macs for production?

You've probably tried everything, but we'll feed the idea mill a bit. Sometimes the obvious escapes us as a solution.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Hanna
posted Hide Post
have you looked into Mac Professionals or Mac Solutions?

http://www.hannafoto.com

"I'm only here for the cookies"

Posts: 162 | Location: Northville, MI | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Q
AIM: Online Status For ntcmusic
posted Hide Post
I might be able to throw some Mac work your way on a part time basis (or more, we'll see). Drop me a line at my work email address:

mspeck@strategynetwork.com

Marq

Reaching The World, One Song At A Time™

Posts: 281 | Location: Canton, MI | Registered: March 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at comcast.com. Whenever I call, with a question or problem with my broadband service, their tech support people seem to be located just west of Ann Arbor.I asked the guy if he knew if they were looking for people and he suggested you look on the website. He seemed to be quite well versed in Mac.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post