Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Beginners SIG    Spinning disk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spinning disk
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
A musician friend of mine lives in Chicago and is a novice mac user. He called me complaining that each time he goes from an email to email in Mail that he keeps getting the spinning ball for a short period of time. He's on OS X Jaguar I think. I get the cat's mixed up but the first in line....anyway.....any ideas I can have him try to get him off my back......he's really a good guy....but Jazz musicians....some should stay away from computers.....

Thanks

Michael

Posts: 102 | Location: Royal Oak | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Not enough info to go on here.

What Mac? How much memory? What version of the OS? How many e-mail in the inbox?

He can find out the version and memory by going to the Apple menu and clicking on "About This Mac". Clicking on the "more Info" button on the screen that comes up will give the Machine Name and Machine Model.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
FWIW, if he bought a stock computer, he probably needs more memory. We had a newbie at the meeting Sunday with a MacBook Pro with only 512 megs of RAM. She was having screen redraw problems as well as beachballs.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3773 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post