Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Beginners SIG    beginning animation program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

beginning animation program
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted
Can anyone recommend a beginning animation program? Anime Studio was mentioned at the last meeting. Has anyone worked with this program and found it easy to do? Thanks.
Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
It's really too vague of a question. What kind of animation are you looking to do?

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1418 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
I would like to animate photos and just learn the basics. I am not an artist, so the animation would have to be with pictures already created.

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
"Tab Kids" 2-D animation was briefly reviewed in the Feb/March07 issue of Dynamic Graphics magazine. Haven't used it, and not sure it works with photos. (Caught my eye, as I may get it for a young grandson who has been hand-drawing cartoon characters.)

QUOTE FROM THE REVIEW: "- softwaqre to create animations and cartoons. It relies on the Toonz technology developed for the industry to produce feature films and television series."
"Add images, such as pictures or drawings made with other software." - can import a soundtrack. Export to Flash or QuickTime, or 3GP for mobile phones.
Mac & Windows versions.

http://www.tabkids.com/

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I've recently started dabbling in animation and did a presentation at the last meeting to show some of the software Ive been using. Ive found that anime studio is a great program for 2-d type animation.. its less expensive and lower learning curve. If you are planning web animations you should consider flash. There are other programs available for 3-d animation such as Hash's animation master or Poser7.

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
I have downloaded anime studio and began working on the tutorials. The tutorial is very clear, so far. However, there is a command in the tutorials called file-render, but it is not listed in the program. Is this just because it is a trial version, or does it not render in real time? I cannot tell if I completed the tutorial properly. Thanks for your help.
Rhonda

Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Im pretty sure the trial version is the same as the full version.. but exports out with a watermark (at least that is how it used to be).

The program author runs a very helpful forum web site that you can join.. there are many helpful members on that site that can answer questions.

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Dear Dale,
I found the answer in the that forum. Thank you for referring me to it. It said that the tutorials were for the pro version and that is why the file-render was not available. But, it certainly does make it confusing for a novice like myself. Is real time rendering available in the standard edition?
Rhonda

Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I forgot that they developed a pro vs standard version..there was only the one available when I started using it. they provided a free upgrade to anime pro from moho 5. forums (including this one) are a great resource.. glad it helped