Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Beginners SIG    Need to export addressbook to windoz outlook-unenlightened employeer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to export addressbook to windoz outlook-unenlightened employeer
 Login/Register

Picture of Craig S.
posted
How do I do it?

Posts: 23 | Location: Knoxville, TN | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Select the addresses you want to export, then go to File/Export vCard. All of them will export as separate vCards that can be imported to Outlook.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craig S.
posted Hide Post
On my macbook this process results in only a single v card, no matter how many I have selected.

Posts: 23 | Location: Knoxville, TN | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Sorry, my mistake. It's a single file, but all the separate cards are in there. Import the vCard file into Outlook and you'll get separate entries.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Craig S.
posted Hide Post
Still not working. I get an error when ai try to import the vcard file.

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Check out Export Address Book :
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30136

or vCard Splitter
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19361

The first (shareware) will export address book data to several different formats. The second (freeware) will take a vcard file and split it into individual vcards.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3765 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
What kind of error?

I tried it with Outlook Express and it worked OK (but it did require confirming EACH card). I didn't try outlook. You might try getting them into Outlook Express and from there into Outlook.

===