Find
Notify
Tools

mpeg
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
I am trouble opening a Quicktime service announcement in mpeg. It states QT doesn't understand it (-2048)

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
There are many different MPEG standards. You might try another viewer, like VLC available here.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
thanks, i downloaded it , it recognizes the file but it sits there and does nothing

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Can you point us to the file so others can try it?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Looks like a standard Quicktime file. Clicking on the link opens it in Safari, but it takes a couple of minutes to completely load. File size is 118 MB. Are you having trouble with any other QT files? You may have a corrupt plist file.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
I didn't have any problem either. What version of QuickTime are you running? What version of OS? What type of Internet connection do you have?

===

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
it's not a problem viewing it but i save it to the desktop and that's where I get the problem with the error code when I try to reopen it

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
No problem with the downloaded file here. Which browser are you using? FWIW, I used Safari, and I have it set to just download and not uncompress, decode, don't do anything, leave it alone for me to handle. (I don't trust any file that I download.) If your browser is trying to decode it, it's possible that it's messing it up somehow, maybe changing or dropping the extender.

—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
i too use Safari
under Pref...General I hav checked SAFE FILES AFTER DOWNLOADING

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
What *version* of Safari? QuickTime? What OS do you have?

===

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
QT player 7.0.4

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
safari 2.0.3

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Uncheck "Open Safe Files" and then try downloading again. Then double-click to see if it will run.

—P M Evans